Discover the magic of IPL
Reveal radiant skin, as imperfections fade away.
The Fine Points
TECHNOLOGY: IPL – Intense Pulsed Light
BENEFITS: Treats a variety of skin conditions and promotes collagen formation
- Age Spots
- Red Pigmentations
- Brown Pigmentation
- Acne Scarring
- Reducing red & purple scarring
- Spider veins & broken capillaries
- Red skin tone
- Sun Damage
- Pore Size Reduction
PREPARATION: The treatment area should have no tan and be as close to your natural skin colour as possible.
PROCEDURE TIME: 15 to 30 minutes depending on the area
SCHEDULE: 3 to 6 total treatments as needed. Intervals depend on your skins recovery and can be every 2 to 4 weeks.
ANESTHETIC: None required, however, some clients like to use a topical numbing cream prior to treatment.
RECOVERY: Minimal time. Some people experience a sunburn like feeling and mild redness
RESULTS: Optimal results usually after 3 to 6 treatments, depending the type of dmmage in your skin and how long ago the damage occured.
Beams of light deliver energy to the damage that has been caused to your skin over time. Lumecca turns back the clock on sun exposure, rosacea, broken capillaries and acne scarring. It corrects the ravages of time.
IPL specifically targets vascular lesions as well as both red and brown pigments that stand apart from your natural skin tone.
How it works:
Lumecca targets superficial vascular and pigmented lesions utilizing a process called photothermolysis.
What does this mean for your skin?
Basically, the areas that are not like your natural pigment absorb more light than the surrounding areas.
This allows the IPL to focus on the imperfections that it finds in your skin.
The concentrated heat results in coagulation of what is causing the visual imperfection– which your skin either absorbs or pushes to the surface.
It will flake away and eventually disappear in the following weeks.
Time may leave its mark,
but our IPL treatments can reverse the damage.
Erase years by fading wrinkles, sun spots, acne scars & more!
Common treatment areas include: face, neck, chest, shoulders and back of hands.
• Treatment area should have no tan and be as close to your natural skin colour as possible. • You can use a numbong agent, however, please use caution. Some numbing agents may cause vasoconstriction, which may render the treatment of vascular lesions less efficient. We carry Zensa, which is a numbing agent that is not a vasoconstrictor, if you would like a more comfortable treatment. • The actual process of getting Lumecca IPL is simple and time efficient. • Treatment time 15-30 min. depending on the area. • During treatment there will be a bright flash of light from Lumecca, and a sensation on your skin that feels like a light snap from an elastic band. • Redness and a slight warming of the skin are normal after treatment and usually subside within an hour.
• Treatment area should have no tan and be as close to your natural skin colour as possible.
• You can use a numbong agent, however, please use caution. Some numbing agents may cause vasoconstriction, which may render the treatment of vascular lesions less efficient. We carry Zensa, which is a numbing agent that is not a vasoconstrictor, if you would like a more comfortable treatment.
• The actual process of getting Lumecca IPL is simple and time efficient.
• Treatment time 15-30 min. depending on the area.
• During treatment there will be a bright flash of light from Lumecca, and a sensation on your skin that feels like a light snap from an elastic band.
• Redness and a slight warming of the skin are normal after treatment and usually subside within an hour.
• Over the next 24-48 hours you may see a darkening of pigmented spots; in the week afterwards the pigmented lesions flake off, leading to an evening out of skin tone.
• After treating vascular lesions (broken capillaries) you may see the vein blanch and disappear or a colour change in the vessel which dissipates after a few days.
• While visible results in complexion and sun damage can typically be seen within a few days after the first treatment, the most noticeable results are seen in 14-21 days, with optimal results seen after completion of 3-6 sessions.
• Actual skin improvement continues up to three months after the final treatment.
• The lasting effects of the treatment will depend on factors such as pre-existing medical conditions, the use of certain prescription and over the counter medications, genetic predisposition, compliance to a targeted skincare regimen as well as adherence to sun smart behaviour.
• Mineral make-up can be applied immediately after treatment.
• Hydration is your best friend: drink lots of water and apply Osha Mae Carrot Lotion for vitamin C
• Do not exfoliate, or pick at your skin. Allow the flaking to occur at its own pace.
• Very attentive sun-care and regular application of a high SPF (ideally mineral based) is necessary to protect your skin for 4 weeks up to and following your last treatment. On-going sun-care will ensure the treatment benefits will last.
Recommended Number of Treatments:
• Improvement can be noted after a single treatment. However, multiple sessions may be indicated based on your specific skin type and concerns. Typically 3-6 sessions performed every 2-4 weeks is recommended.
• Treatments required will be based on the severity of skin damage, skin type and type of skin concern (redness and blood vessels vs brown spots and sun damage).
You are not a good candidate for IPL if:
• You have any tan on the treatment area.
• If you have recently applied self tanner to the treatment area.
• If you have a tattoo or permanent make up we must stay a certain distance away from the ink in your skin.
• If you have melasma. Melasma is unpredictable as it is a condition controlled by hormones and may often reoccur. As a result, the response is unpredictable at times. Lesions may even darken with treatment.
• If you are a Fitzpatrick Skin Type 4 or higher. If you have a darker natural skin complexion this service may not be appropriate for your skin.
What to Expect in the Treatment Room
Lumecca IPL is simple and time efficient.
- During your treatment, we will cleanse your skin and section by section we will apply a thick layer of ultrasoundgel.
- As we move the handpiece across your skin, there will be a bright flash of light from Lumecca. If we are treating your face, you’ll wear goggles similar to those that you would wear in a tanning bed. For treatments of other areas of the body, you’ll wear dark glasses like the technician. We always explain what we are doing as we treat so that you feel comfortable and confident in the process.
- Your skin may feel a sensation like a light snap from an elastic band. The more irregularites in your skin, the more the Lumecca will “see”, and as a result, the more senstation you will feel.
- You may experience a redness and warming of your skin. This is normal and is usually gone within an hour.
- At the end of the treatment, we use cool towels to clear the ultrasound gel. We then apply a light application of Jane Iredale Minerals for sun protection so you can continue through the rest of your day with confidence.
The lasting effects of the treatment depend on a number of factors. Medical conditions, medications and genetic predisposition can all play a part. We highly recommend sun-smart practices.
What makes Lumecca IPL so extraordinary?
It has the pioneer of IPL technology behind it.
Chief Technology Officer of InMode is Dr. Michael Kreindel. He is a renowned master physicist and invented ELOS technology, and is recognized as a pioneer of IPL technology.
He is a sought-after leader in research and development for the aesthetics industry with more than 40 patents secured and pending.
Dr. Kreindel is a leading mind behind the development of non-invasive solutions that move the industry forward.
Dr. Kreindel led the team behind the Lumecca.
The result: The most efficient IPL technology on the market today.
Turn Back Time with Lumecca
Package of 3 – $875
Package of 3 – $437.50
Package of 3 – $625
Package of 3 – $1500
Package of 3 – $1125
Package of 3 – $375
Package of 3 – $1125
Package of 3 – $1750